Workshop on Ethics in Networked Systems Research
ACM SigComm Conference, 21 August 2015
Please register by sending an email to email@example.com
9.30 – 11.00 Problematizing the issues
- Introductory talk to set the stage (15 mins).
- Three presentations as introduction to methods, technology, and ethics reasoning (10 mins each):
- Breakout exercise to set the scene (30 mins),
- Short group presentations (15 mins).
11.30 – 13.00 Identifying limits & shortcomings of existing ethical reasoning
- Three paper presentations (10 mins each):
- Second breakout exercise, based on issues raised, applied to case paper(s) (30 mins).
- Presentation of breakouts & discussion (30 mins)
14.00 – 15.30 The Human Element: Socio-political context and inclusion
- Four paper presentations (10 mins each):
- Third exercise, based on issues raised, applied to case paper(s) (30 mins)
- Presentation of breakouts & discussion (20 mins)
16.00 – 5.30 Looking forward: Tools/guidelines in development
- Reflections on Vulnerability Disclosure – Enno Rey (10 mins)
- Cyber-security Research Ethics Decision Support (CREDS) Tool – Erin Kenneally (10 mins)
- Ethics in Networked System Research project – Ben Zevenbergen (10 mins)
- Presentation of workshop summary (10 mins)
- Open discussion (50 mins)